Auto Submit Broken in iPW 7

Options
VirgilBoy
VirgilBoy
Community Member

I am on 1PW 7 and browser extension is 4.7.1. Auto submit was working perfectly in Safari with 1PW 6...until this upgrade to 7. I am on subscription.

I have restarted the MacBook.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@VirgilBoy,

If you open the Preferences window to the Browser tab and uncheck "automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" and then recheck it?

Rudy

• jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member
    Options

I have noticed that it doesn't work the first time after you unlock. Once unlocked, it works every time after that.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy - I did see that preference yesterday. When I selected it, it brought up a dialog about loading a script. When I proceeded, the window it opened was empty. Since that made no sense to me, I cancelled.

So this morning after your response, I went ahead and accepted the invisible script. The "automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" item now is checked and my first autofill test worked.

Thanks much...

• Jacob
    Options

@VirgilBoy Glad to hear it! :)

@jsinglestein Have you tried unchecking and re-checking that box Rudy mentioned above?

• jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member
    Options

I did. It just doesn't work the first time after unlocking. I have to click the login on the mini window that pops up and then it fills in and signs in. Not a huge deal. Just different from the way 1Password 6 worked.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jsinglestein,

So we'd like to try and reproduce and with this in mind I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it only if unlocking for the first time after 1Password has been launched or is it any time you unlock? So if you unlock 1Password and then lock it with the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌥⌘L do you see the same behaviour?
    2. Are you using ⌘\ to fill the currently open page or accessing mini to perform open-and-fill when the submit after filling fails?
    3. If you're using ⌘\ does 1Password mini need to display the menu or does it automatically fill using a single match?
  • jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member
    Options
    1. It happens the first time after any unlock. After that, it works as normal as long as it stays unlocked.
    2. I use the keyboard shortcut.
    3. It displays the mini window. It detects the right site, but I have to manually click and then it fills and submits.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thanks for clarifying! We'll see if we can reproduce it here and figure out what might be causing this.

ref: apple-672

• wincent
    wincent
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same thing in 7.0.2 (check box was unchecked, so I checked it, but still not getting the auto-submit behavior that used to apply for me in v6).

• Jacob
    Options

@wincent Could you update to 1Password 7.0.3, then restart your computer to see if that helps? If it doesn't, to get a better idea of what the issue is, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• wincent
    wincent
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob: Done. #IFN-72711-741

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member
    Options

Rudy, I can't find the preference. When I open preferences for Safari all I see are: General, Tabs, AutoFill, Passwords, Search, Security, Privacy, Websites, Extensions and Advanced. None of these present a box to "automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rbpeirce: It sounds like you're looking in Safari's Preferences. "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" is an option in 1Password Preferences > Browsers. Does that help?

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Completely! Done and thanks. Rudy mentioned preferences and mentioned a browser tab which confused me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rbpeirce: No worries! To be clear, did that resolve the issue for you? 1Password 7 does things slightly differently due to sandboxing, so it wouldn't surprise me if it just needed to be re-enabled.

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Seems to be working fine now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Cheers! :)

• shanebonham
    shanebonham
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, I'm seeing the same behavior as above. If 1Password is already unlocked, ⌘-\ will reliably fill and submit. If 1Password is locked, the 1Password mini window appears, I unlock, and then it does not fill/submit until I select the item.

1Password 7
    Version 7.0.4 (70004001)
    AgileBits Store

• Jacob
    Options

@shanebonham Could you try what Rudy mentioned above to see if that helps?

• shanebonham
    shanebonham
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob I did that but still see the same behavior.

• Jacob
    Options

@shanebonham Let's try repairing permissions for the folders 1Password uses. First, download the 1Password troubleshooting utility. Then open it and click Permissions. Click Repair Permissions and wait for that to complete, then restart your computer. If the issue continues, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Had same issue... finally checked here for solution... This worked for me: If you open the Preferences window to the Browser tab and uncheck "automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" and then recheck it. (Actually, mine was simply Un-Checked.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Aha! Glad that did the trick for you. Thanks for letting us know. :)

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member
    Options

How do I get out of receiving emails about this. I can't find anywhere where I asked for them.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@rbpeirce click on your name at the top of the forum page, then click as indicated here:

That will allow you to edit your profile—including your notification preferences.

Stephen

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I had notifications turned on for threads I've participated in. I turned it off.

• shanebonham
    shanebonham
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob I sent in a support request related to this: #MMG-12678-319

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shanebonham: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: MMG-12678-319

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In case there's any other confusion, the topic of this discussion is autosubmit not working at all, either because it's disabled or because there's an issue with the preference.

There's a known limitation of 1Password for Mac through version 7.0.4 that fill and submit will fail if 1Password is locked. We're testing improvements to help with that in beta, and hopefully this will be addressed and available to everyone when 7.0.5 is finished.

ref: apple-672

• AndreyYantsen
    AndreyYantsen
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, I'm on 7.2.1 installed from App Store, and there is no option about "autosubmit", is anything changed? :(

This discussion has been closed.