1Password Mini - issue with setting up 2FA

Options
thibaut
thibaut
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Hello,

When I set up 2FA via 1Password Mini, the window completely disappears during the process. With the risk of loosing the current edits and 2FA. You can see this in the following screen recording:

http://file.shrrr.it/x3nuh

As you can see, the main window is opened after 1P scanned the QR code.
But it doesn't show the current item nor the 2FA being created.

I must explicitly re-open 1P Mini from Safari (click in the menubar or keyboard shortcut). Because if I re-open 1P Mini while I'm not in Safari, I loose the edits and the 2FA that was being added.

(I wonder if it would be possible to be stuck out of an account if 2FA is not properly saved at this stage, if the website thinks you set it correctly.)

PS re. the thread "Feedback on the new 1Password mini": that orange alert is way to big (at least in French). It makes the right part almost unusable (though I like the new 1P Mini).

1Password Version: Version 7.0 (70000019)

Comments

• thibaut
    thibaut
    Community Member
    Options

Up.

Sorry but can anyone tell me if this is a bug or if I do something wrong? :blush:

• ag_kevin
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @thibaut ,

I'm sorry for the late reply. We are able to reproduce the issue here and will be fixing it. In the meantime, you can "pop out" the item into its own window by clicking the button at the top of the item, and then scan the QR code.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: apple-1485

• thibaut
    thibaut
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Multiple updates were released and I still don't see a fix for this.
    Setting up 2FA is quite important, especially in a password-related app. 😀
    Do you have an update on this?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thibaut - setting up 2FA is indeed quite important. If you need to do this frequently, or even on just a few sites, for the time being, I'd recommend you either use the main 1Password application instead of 1Password mini to perform this, or follow ag_kevin's advice and "pop out" the window before attempting to create a TOTP code. I don't have anything more to share at this time regarding changes to the code/workflow for this, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.