1password X for 1password 7 standalone?

Hello, I've just purchased 1password 7 for myself and for my dad for an early father's day gift while he's still fresh in the beta license discount, and I wanted to know if it was possible to use the 1password X extension for the standalone license on either mac or windows at this point? I've currently just relied on the 1password extension that requires the standalone app for windows, though I didn't know if 1password X would also support standalone in addition to subscription currently on either platform. If not I can continue to use the 1password chrome extension that relies on the desktop app, so this isn't a huge concern. I wasn't sure for the mac though on which extension I should install on his macbook.

1Password Version: 7.0 (70000019 - mac)/7.0.552 (win)
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4 (mac)/1803 (win)
Sync Type: Local (resilio sync)

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@cellsheet: Thanks for getting in touch! Glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password 7 — and will be gifting it to a loved one. It is not, however, possible to use 1Password X as a "standalone" app with local vaults, as it depends on 1Password.com to store the data since it is meant to function without the native apps. You may want to consider a 1Password Families membership though, since that will get you all of the apps, and allow you to share 1Password — and vaults — with even more family members. It also makes it possible for you to help them recover their accounts if they get locked out. Something to think about. :)

• Thank you for the information!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@cellsheet: You're very welcome! Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file