I had to go back to 6.8.9

Please help

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: file

Comments

• @heretakis,

Did you purchase a license for 1Password 7? or are you a 1Password.com member?

Rudy

• sgt_squiggs
    sgt_squiggs
    Community Member

This isn't working for me as well. I have a subscription. Whenever I CMD+/, my only result is "Safari" and is suggests I install the extension. It's already installed, v4.7.1.

It does prompt me to add new logins when I log in to a website.

• heretakis
    heretakis
    Community Member

I upgratded from 6 a few days ago. I have a license for 6, but it is unclear if there is a free or a paid upgrade.
    I downgraded because the app would not integrate with Safari at all.
    Is it free, is it paid, its all very unclear. I want to buy a license NOT a subscription.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Tucked away at the bottom of this AgileBits' blog article is the following:

Those of you with a standalone license for version 6 will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have.

Stephen

• @heretakis,

Its definitely a paid upgrade for 6, either as a standalone license purchase or a subscription.

1Password 7.0.2 makes this entirely clear, if you attempt to fill it will bring up a window indicating a purchase is required in order to fill via the browser.

Rudy

• heretakis
    heretakis
    Community Member

So the only way t pay for a license is to install 1Pass v. 7.02? Thank you so much.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@heretakis Yep, you will be able to purchase a license within the 1Password 7 app if you choose to do so.

• vet4cuba
    vet4cuba
    Community Member

I installed 1Password7 on my MacBook Pro from the family account. After the install and choosing my vault from 1Password6 I do not get an option to login only to choose a subscription.

When I do this I receive an error message telling me I already have a subscription and I need to go back and choose Login. This option is grayed out.

• briankross
    briankross
    Community Member

@vet4cuba ,

I had the same issue and had to download the app from agilebits. In my case I have a subscription, so I logged in, clicked my name, and clicked 'Get the Apps' to download 1PW7 for macOS.

• heretakis
    heretakis
    Community Member

My 1Password version 6 is still working amazingly. Can anyone give a compelling reason for the upgrade?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@vet4cuba - I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you elaborate a bit for me?

After the install and choosing my vault from 1Password6 I do not get an option to login only to choose a subscription.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "do not get an option to login." What are/were you expecting to login to? Your imported 1Password 6 vault? Your family account? What did you see instead -- and what do you see now?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @heretakis! Glad you're still enjoying 1Password 6 for Mac. Up until launch day for 1Password 7, it was the current version, and it's not like it's become old-fashioned in the last two weeks. :)

Can anyone give a compelling reason for the upgrade?

That, I can definitely do: for one thing, while version 6 is still quite current, it won't be receiving development attention any longer, now that version 7 is out. That means that although it's not visible yet, 1Password 6 for Mac is essentially frozen in time. The longer away we get from this moment, the more both Apple hardware and macOS and also related technologies will continue to advance and change. We are still getting people who've been using 1Password 3 for iOS on their iPhones as they continued to upgrade the devices multiple times, until the release of iOS 11, which removed all support for 32-bit apps (1Password 3 for iOS was a 32-bit app). Despite multiple in-app pop-ups, many people came to us only after the first time they tried to fire up 1Password 3, after upgrading their new devices to iOS11. That's a worst-case scenario, of course...but it's where all older versions of software are eventually headed: backwards compatibility only lasts so long as time and the pace of technological innovation march on.

On the more-positive side, here’s the blog post announcing 1Password 7 for Mac, which has a great run-down of most of the new features and improvements, but if you want a really comprehensive list, check the release notes for each version (we've already released a couple of incremental updates). And the best way of all? Grab a copy of 1Password 7 for Mac from our downloads page and take it for a test drive yourself: if you've got a 1password.com account, all versions of our apps including upgrades are free, so there's no reason NOT to upgrade or at least test it out.

• heretakis
    heretakis
    Community Member

I tried it again. Once I install 1Pass7 there is NO option for license, only for subscription. Can I please prepay a license to my Agile username? The way you have done it is very confusing.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@heretakis take a look at my post here. Does that help you getting the standalone licence?

(I agree that the setup is far more confusing than it should be—which is substantially down to the fact that AgileBits is trying to lure people into their subscription service. The setup has caused no end of problems for many people on this forum and resulted in many support requests just like yours.)

Stephen

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @heretakis, in order to buy a standalone license, you have to download 1Password from our website. The Mac App Store version can only be used with a 1Password account.

1Password 7 upgrade options are outlined in this article.

Let us know if you need anymore assistance.

• heretakis
    heretakis
    Community Member

I have already followed all these steps. The only option that agilebits are giving me is that of subscription, not license. I do not wish to be paying subscription to you. I want a one off fee like most software available today. Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@heretakis - can you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing when you open 1Password 7 (don't include any of your personal data) and try to make a purchase? Have you been able to access your data, or are you stuck on an initial welcome screen?

• heretakis
    heretakis
    Community Member

I have done the process 4 times now, every time I have had to uninstall and re-install 1Password 6. I will try again when I get the chance. Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@heretakis - Sounds good; let us know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.