To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't migrate 6.8.9 to 7.0 - invalid code?

Options
srfisher101
srfisher101
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Memberships

My Premium versions of iOS V7.0.6 and Mac V6.8.9 work fine. I downloaded Mac V7.0 today and it sees all my V6.8.9 items perfectly. But I can’t sign in because either my sign-in address or account key is wrong.
My email address is MyID@MyISP.com, so I ‘m using a sign-in address of https://MyID.1password.
I’ve found my account key both by using the scanner and by using my 1Password Emergency Kit. The key begins A3-PQERR-, yet I saw on one of the many, many screens I’ve viewed that it is looking for a key that starts with A3-W something.
I’ve tried to solve this on my iOS V7.0.6, Mac V7.0, and 1password.com accounts, but it always asks for sign-in, email, key, and master password.
I have no problem with the subscription basis, I have it for my Mac and iOS versions, but I can’t even sign in to get the subscription, which I’ll happily buy if necessary.

1Password Version: 6.8.9 and 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• srfisher101
    srfisher101
    Community Member
    Options

If it matters, I downloaded V7.0 from the App Store.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @srfisher101

The sign-in address for individual memberships is my.1password.com, regardless of what email address you’re using. Does that help?

Ben

• srfisher101
    srfisher101
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thanks, Ben, but that didn't help. I went to my.1password.com and tried to sign in. My email and master password are correct, but it says my secret key is invalid. I’ve found my secret key both by using the scanner and by using my 1Password Emergency Kit. The key begins A3-PQERR-, yet I saw on one of the many, many screens I’ve viewed that it is looking for a key that starts with A3-W something. Please see the screenshot.

[screenshot with personal information removed for privacy on our public forum]

• srfisher101
    srfisher101
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Ben, after I emailed you, I installed 7.0.1. It didn't help. (See attachment.) I still entered my email and sign-in addresses; the redacted parts are the first part of my email address. The secret key from my emergency kit is still invalid. To be clear, my 7.0.1 has my data, but it is marked as Read Only.

ref: ZNW-65515-212

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@srfisher101: Thanks. Since we're in contact via email and this will necessarily involve some account details, I'll close this and we can continue the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.