1Password quit unexpectedly - Windows 10 issues

Options

I am running Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit (Version 1803 - OS Build 17134.48)

I am running 1Password 6.8.534

Two issues:

1.) When my machine boots up I get the 1Password dialog asking me to log in and "Enter your Master Password" and below that in RED it always says "1Password quit unexpectedly. Please click here to submit the report to our team". I have submitted every single time for the past 2 weeks. Something is obviously broken.

2.) If I enter my Master Password and go to Settings (General) and "uncheck" [Start 1Password automatically when I sign into Windows] and reboot it still launches. So checking or unchecking that box does not change the behavior of whether it loads or not at Startup.

I have 1Password running on my MacBook Pro, iPhone, and 3 different iPads and the software works flawless. On my Windows 10 pc it crashes on startup. Help?

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64 (Version 1803)
Sync Type: 1Password Online with secret key

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @mjbcomp,

Thanks for writing in. Do you have Edge as the default browser? If yes, can you temporarily deselect it and let a different browser be the default, reboot Windows and does 1Password seem to be stable now?

This is a new issue started with Edge in the Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update.

• mjbcomp
    mjbcomp
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I changed the browser to IE and the "error message" on startup went away and also 1Password doesn't pop up asking me to log in. Now when I click the 1Password icon manually and enter my password everything appears to be working correctly.

One other thing to note, after I posted my initial findings while Edge was the default browser I went in and disabled the 1Password Extension and that made it where 1Password wouldn't popup on boot-up which solved that problem. But going further, when I would manually launch 1Password (while Edge was still the default browser) I would get the error message "1Password quit unexpectedly. Please click here to submit the report to our team".

So there is currently some incompatibility or bug between Edge and 1Password. Now that I have IE as my default browser is there a browser extension for it?

And I suppose you are working on a fix for the Edge compatibility issue?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mjbcomp,

We are investigating this issue now, please see the post from Mike here. For the time being, please try to use 1Password extension in Chrome, Opera, Firefox, as there is no 1Password extension for Internet Explorer.

I am sorry for this inconvenience. We will post more news in the thread I mentioned above, once we have them. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.