Can't log in to family account

Options
davinabaum
davinabaum
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Families

My husband set up a family account but I'm told the credentials are invalid when I try to set up my phone and computer.

I found the sign-in address and secret key and used the scan feature to scan to my computer and my iPhone. I got an error on both devices. I have the master password correct.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't migrate to family account

ref: LBU-47896-424

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davinabaum: Are you perhaps using my.1password.com as the sign in address? That would have been the sign in address if it was an individual account before, but you'll have a custom sign in address for the family. The correct information should be listed in the app under Preferences/Settings > Accounts or in a browser you've already signed into:

https://start.1password.com/profile

Let me know how it goes!

• jmanseau
    jmanseau
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. The scan fills in the correct emergency kit info, but I still get therefor message.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options

@jmanseau,

Did you generate the Emergency Kit that you’re using after changing account types? The sign-in address changes when changing types, as brenty mentioned above.

Ben

ref: JYU-62522-372

• davinabaum
    davinabaum
    Community Member
    Options

I had been looking at my credentials via the account preferences. Currently it says that my sign-in address is my.1password.com. I also tried to look at it through the emergency kit and the sign-in address hasn't changed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davinabaum: Thanks. I see that you're also carrying on an email conversation with Andrew, so let's continue the discussion there to avoid further confusion.

ref: LBU-47896-424

• davinabaum
    davinabaum
    Community Member
    Options

His response was that he can't talk to me because the family account is via my husband's email address. I am locked out of 1Password (my husband is traveling, but he also has emailed support and hasn't heard back). Incredibly frustrated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davinabaum: I'm sorry to hear that. But indeed, we cannot discuss account information with anyone but the account holder. And we could not find it anyway if it's not under your email address. If you'll let me know the Support ID your husband received when contacting us I'll be happy to look into it though.

This discussion has been closed.