Adding classic Dropbox vault after adding 1Password.eu account

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

Yesterday I received a new phone (Nokia 6.1 aka Nokia 6 2018) and installed 1Password there. First I added my 1Password.eu account. It works flawlessly and even the finger print unlock is working.
However I'm not able to add my vault that is located in Dropbox. There is no way for me to setup Dropbox sync (or it's a Layer8 problem).
I've tried with the lastest 6.x version as well as with the lastest 7.x beta

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again @Manaburner,

Have you tried adding Dropbox as the first thing you do when you set up 1Password for the first time? I just looked at my own app (the beta v7 which you also tried), and I'm no longer seeing the UI in settings to add a Dropbox account. I'm not certain, but it's possible that you'll need to add Dropbox first, and then add your 1Password.eu account.

Feel free to give that a try if you have time to experiment. If not, a member of the Bits team should be around very shortly to give you the definitive answer. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EnerJi: Thanks! :chuffed: :+1:

@Manaburner: I'm glad there are new Nokia devices coming out. I've always liked their design. :)

Setting up the local vault first is definitely the way to go. It may be something we can change in the future, but it hasn't come up much and we've got a lot of other features to add in the mean time. :sunglasses:

This may be a stupid question, but what's "Layer8"? :lol:

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty and @EnerJi
    thank you for your comments. If only I had known that before.... ;)
    Ok after everything is running now, I don't want to start from scratch. If I find myself needing the stuff from my Dropbox vault a lot, I may start over.

Layer 8: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layer_8 ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Manaburner: Oh duh. Thank you! I was thinking it was some new startup or something. :lol:

Anyway, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions about Dropbox/1Password.com setups. I do have experience with this. :crazy:

This discussion has been closed.