How to reinstall 6.8.8 purchased on MAS?

Options
vale70
vale70
Community Member

Good morning.

Today my 1P6 install on Sierra refused to start. A message appeared saying that the app is broken and I shall delete and reinstall it. I suspect this is because I have meanwhile installed 1P7 for Windows and thus migrated to the new keychain format (even if my other iOS and Android versions had no problems in recognizing the new format..). I use Dropbox to sync as I am on different platforms/operating systems.

Since I have heard that 1P6 is not available anymore on MAS, I am worried that if I delete it I will never be able to reinstall it.

Did anybody already experience the same? I'd rather wait for any hint or suggestion than causing irreparable harm...

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 new vault

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @vale70,

1Password 6 was removed from sale, you should still find it listed in your purchase history in the App Store though and be able to download it that way.

• vale70
    vale70
    Community Member
    Options

Thx a lot!

Are you familiar with the problem I had? Could it be related to the keychain having been upgraded to the new type?

More importantly I would like to be sure that in a set-up with 1P6 on Mac and Android and 1P7 on iOS and Windows, Dropbox sync would still be possible...

• Jacob
    edited May 2018
    Options

@vale70 On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome.

Are you familiar with the problem I had? Could it be related to the keychain having been upgraded to the new type?

No, the problem you mentioned with 1Password for Mac is an issue with the Mac App Store version specifically, and reinstalling it should fix the issue. It doesn't relate to your vault. :) Be sure to sync your vault with the new one, though, otherwise your two computers will be using different vaults. Dropbox is a good option for this if you're not using a 1Password membership.

ref: ILJ-97988-485

This discussion has been closed.