Upgraded to 1password 7 mac and I can't sync with Dropbox

Options
bjackson
bjackson
Community Member

I successfully upgraded 3 of 5 computers on macos. On two computers, they never found my dropbox sync and now I cannot add dropbox back as a sync vault. I am missing several "icons" under preferences including the "sync" one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @bjackson! Sorry about the confusion. When you upgraded, you chose the 1Password membership route, so your data is syncing with that. It sounds like there was a bit of confusion during the upgrade. To buy a license for 1Password 7 for Mac, your Primary vault needs to be in the app, rather than a 1Password membership.

Keep in mind that with a license, you won't get the benefits of a 1Password membership. With a membership, you get all the 1Password apps (and always up to date) so you can use it on your computer, phone, tablet, or even a browser, automatic sync between all the devices you end up adding, versions of your items that are backed up automatically so you can restore one if you make a change by mistake, and much more:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you do decide to use a license, migrate your data to a Primary vault and choose 1Password 7 > Purchase License from the menu bar. Then follow the onscreen steps to purchase a license for 1Password 7 for Mac. :)

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.