To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

i just downloaded 1pw7 on my 2nd mac but cannot login to the trial account created on the 1st mac?

Options
daanjj
daanjj
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Memberships

I am a long-time family license user with 1000+ items in my vaults. yesterday, i downloaded 1pw7 and in the process of installing it on my iMac, created a 30-day free membership account. now i also want to use 1pw7 on my MacBook Pro. But that is impossible: I continue to get the 'Welcome to 1PW7' message with the only option to either subscribe or buy a license. If I provide my mail address, I get the message that an account with that email address already exists, and that I should go back and use the sign in option. But the Sign in option is greyed out, possibly because the 'Welcome to 1pw' message is being displayed. And when I close the Welcome message using the red dot in the top left corner of the window, 1PW7 quits.

When I try to activate 1pw7 on the Macbook by sending a link from 1pw7 on my iMac, I enter in the same catch 22 situation.

HELP!!!!

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to sign in to 1password

Comments

• Hi @daanjj,

I'm sorry that this hasn't been as smooth as it should be for you. It sounds like we've got a small bug there that needs to be rectified and they're working on it.

Do you have 1Password 6 on that iMac by chance? The recommended course of action would be:

• Re-install 1Password 6 on that second Mac
    • Unlock 1Password 6
    • Add the account in 1Password 6
    • Quit 1Password 6
    • Re-install 1Password 7
    • Launch 1Password 7

It should then recognize things and let you go forward.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.