1Password Mini on Windows leaves much to be desired

I use both macOS and Windows. In the Windows version of 1Password, 1Password Mini leaves much to be desired. The biggest thing I miss is the view of the actual saved item, where it can be popped out to its own window, and items and be quickly copied for filling forms.

1Password Version: 7.0.555
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @dcormier,

Thanks for writing in.

We understand, unfortunately, the way it works on macOS doesn't technically exists on Windows in any forms. To do exactly that on Windows, we'd have to build it from scratch including drawing the UI ourselves by hand. The problem with doing this is that all of the normal Windows behavior, like closing, dragging between monitors, accessibility/keyboard support, etc are not built-in, we'd have to manually handle all of them ourselves as well. None of which we had do to much on macOS, it is mostly provided by Apple's APIs and our developers are able to take full advantage of them and make it work really well to the way we want it.

Because of it being very time-consuming and could eat up all of our resources, we've decided to focus on the rest of 1Password app first on Windows, and we'll do a major update to 1Password mini later. We do absolutely want to make 1Password mini work the same way on Windows, after all, 1Password 7 is far much more aligned with the 1Password 7 for macOS now compared to the previous 1Password versions on Windows. Actually, I'd go further and say it's the most consistent 1Password version we've ever built on Windows that matches the expected 1Password experience but we're totally not there yet, we still have a lot of work ahead.

This discussion has been closed.