Support day field in driver's license expiry?

Options
deviantintegral
deviantintegral
Community Member

I found this old post, and it looks like this is still missing as of 1Password 7: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/62817/drivers-license-expiration-field-only-allows-month-and-year-confirmed-issue

Given AgileBits is in Ontario, where the day is a part of the license, perhaps you'll consider prioritizing this? :lol:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @deviantintegral! Indeed, that's something we should consider eh? I'll chat with the team about it. :)

• bh444
    bh444
    Community Member
    Options

@deviantintegral
    @jacob

I have this situation too in TX. But it seems that I got around it somehow. I just tried to do the same with a new entry, and here is what I did. In one of the non main sections, I made a new label/new field with a date type, set the label value to 'expiry date' in a different section, then moved it into the main section by dragging it in the UI.

In the one I just did I see two fields. in my DL entry from years ago, I only see the custom one.

• Jacob
    Options

Yup, custom fields there are handy as well. My license is about to expire this year so I should probably get on this too. :+1:

• deviantintegral
    deviantintegral
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, a custom field is a great escape hatch. My guess is that it doesn’t work for the new “expiring soon” view but a bit of double entry solves that too.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep! Thanks for nudging us on this one. :) :+1:

• machale
    machale
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

I'm really surprised this still hasn't been addressed as of 1Password 7.3.1 (70301008). In Massachusetts, US, our driver licenses expire on our birthday. My birthday is in late July.

My license is not yet expired, but I was pleasantly surprised to see today (July 8) that 1Password gives me a nice little banner that says my license is expired. (Apparently the implementation assumes an expiry date means the FIRST of the month, which I also found surprising, but I guess that's a safer default than end of month.)

So that banner is a neat feature, but I assume it will not appear if using the custom field work-around described earlier in this thread.

Please implement a proper Expiry Date field that includes a full date including DAY, in addition to month and year. See also https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/514814/#Comment_514814

Thanks.

• machale
    machale
    Community Member
    Options

(Sigh. I guess doing two edits in a row quickly is a problem. My comment here was deleted. But here's the gist of what it was...)

Please implement a proper Expiry Date field and add it to the Driver License template. In Massachusetts US, our licenses expire on our birthdays. It was cool to see a little banner in 1Password telling me my license expired, but it won't actually expire until later in the month.

I assume this banner would not be triggered if using the custom field work-around described earlier in this thread.

See also https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/514814/#Comment_514814

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @machale

We'll continue to evaluate that possibility. For me personally I'd prefer to know a little in advance of the actual expiration so I can renew before it expires. Of course, changing this wouldn't actually preclude that, but it would take a little more work to implement advanced notice rather than just showing it on the 1st of the month.

We've got a number of irons in the fire right now that will need to be handled first but hopefully we can continue to look at ways we might improve this situation.

Ben

• machale
    machale
    Community Member
    Options

I'm much more interested in getting the Expiry Date field to be a complete date rather than just month/year. For me, the
    "expired" banner is just a nice-to-have.

• Ben
    Options

Huh. Okay. I would've expected the latter to be more important for most folks. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.