1Password 7 won't sync with Dropbox if you have multiple Dropbox accounts on a computer.

dgdosen
dgdosen
Community Member

I've been a 1Password user for 10 years - and upgraded 1Password6 on my mac(s) to 1Password7. I would have liked to keep using Dropbox as my sync, but 1Password wouldn't let me point at my Dropbox folder.

It complained that I didn't have a folder with an exact match of Dropbox, which I don't have, because I have multiple Dropbox accounts, and Dropbox decorates the names of the folders a bit (/Users/xxx/Dropbox (Personal) or /Users/xxx/Dropbox (company XXX)

I tried to create a symlink with the name "Dropbox" to the account I wanted to put my keychain, but it wouldn't allow it. I'm stuck using iCloud, but would rather use Dropbox.

Can you help?

1Password Version: 7.0.x
Extension Version: 6.X
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox 1password7

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dgdosen,

When you say you're pointing it at your Dropbox folder can you help me understand. Are you wanting 1Password to connect with an existing sync container in your Dropbox folder or are you wanting it to create a new OPVault in a specific location? Along with that, could you take a screenshot of the 1Password dialog being displayed please, just in case it helps us track down what's going on.

If the dialog contains any personal information that you don't want displayed in our public support forums I completely understand and would ask if you wouldn't mind emailing us at support+forum@agilebits.com and when you receive a ticket ID in return that you post the ID here. That will allow us to locate the email and we'll see if we can figure out what's going on with that.

This discussion has been closed.