Problems Upgrading Standalone 1Password 6 to 1Password 7 Subscription in the Mac App Store

danocamera
danocamera
Community Member

I've managed to bungle the upgrade process trying to go through the App Store. I purchased the standalone version of 1Password 6 from the Mac App Store a few years ago and after weighing my options, I decided to purchase an annual subscription to 1Password 7 from the App Store.

I followed the on-screen prompts but when I came to the dialog asking me to choose a new Master Password, I got worried that I wasn't doing it right. I backed out to the beginning and now when I try to follow the steps again it blocks me so that I don't pay for a second subscription. Unfortunately, since I backed out, I never completed the initial instillation.

Potentially complicating matters, after the installation got stuck, I signed up for a 1Password.com account (without any problems.) I probably just should have downloaded version 7 from your website (or at least signed up for an account before trying to upgrade.) Any idea how I should proceed?

1Password Version: Version 6.8.9 and Version 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:upgrading to 1password 7 in mac app store

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @danocamera :)

I would be happy to help you out but considering this is about private account information, we cannot do it here as this is a public forum. What I would like to do is take this to email.

Send an email to support@agilebits.com with your issue. You will get a response from BitBot with your reference number. If you could please post that reference number here either I or one of my colleagues will be right with you.

• danocamera
    danocamera
    Community Member

Hey Corey!

Thanks for your help! Here's the reference number:

PLD-48742-869

Thanks!

• Dan
  • Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Thank you Dan. I will be with you in a moment.

ref: PLD-48742-869

This discussion has been closed.