Filename bug when creating new "Document" item.

Beemer981
Beemer981
Community Member

I discovered a bug today in 1Password Mac. I was adding various warranty documents to 1Password, but there was one that wouldn't upload. 1Password kept reporting that the document pending upload was missing — but it wasn't.

I suspected the file name, which had an ampersand in it, might be causing the problem. I deleted the ampersand, and the file was uploaded and added correctly.

Original file name (upload/add failed):
Jasmine & Sophia iPhone 7s AppleCare.pdf

Changed file name (upload/add succeeded):
Jasmine Sophia iPhone 7s AppleCare.pdf

Is this a known thing? I couldn't find anything in the support forum on it.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hi @Beemer981 ,

There isn’t a known issue with that, and I was just able to successfully upload a document with an ampersand in the file name. To help figure out what went wrong, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90788/filename-bug-when-creating-new-document-item#latest
    • Your forum username: Beemer981
    • an approximate date and time that you tried to upload the pdf with the original name (with the ampersand).

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.