Cannot create new Login

rsears
rsears
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I tried to create a new login manually and followed the instructions where it said to click on Save New Login after populating the username and password fields (but not yet clicking on it). I can’t find the login on 1Password in my list of logins. What am I doing wrong?

Update: I’m sorry. I just realized that the new login DID work. It went into my Personal Vault. I had to move it manually into the Primary Vault. Since I never used a vault other than the default vault (rhymes!). I never thought to look at the Personal Vault. Oops!!

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @rsears,

It's good to hear that you found the login, but the fact that you have both a Primary and Personal vault is concerning. Primary Vaults are standalone vaults whereas Personal vaults are part of 1Password memberships. If you have a 1Password membership, all your data should be in the Personal vault to take advantage of the benefits of the account and part of the initial migration process was to delete that old Primary vault as it is not part of your membership at all.

Do you use 1Password across multiple devices?

• rsears
    rsears
    Community Member

I do use 1Password on an iPad and 2 iPhones. I’ve had a standalone app since 2008. I just signed up for a membership after I tried the standalone iP7 so the data was migrated from my 1P6 standalone. Are you saying i should delete the Primary Vault and just use the Personal Vault?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@rsears If you are intending on continuing with the 1Password membership, yes as long you are sure that all of your data has been migrated properly. That Primary vault does not sync through your membership and is rather superfluous now that you have one. If your data has been migrated properly, you should make sure all of your devices are connected to the membership and then delete that Primary vault to make sure your data doesn't get all jumbled around.

• rsears
    rsears
    Community Member

I do intend to continue the membership. With its sync, it’s a good value. I’ll check to make sure everything is migrated to the Personal Vault. Thanks a lot for your help, Corey. I really appreciate it.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

My pleasure @rsears, take care. :)

-Corey

This discussion has been closed.