Select URL in 1Password Helper in Browser

Options

Hi,

I do not know whether this is a problem with the Helper in general or if it affects only the Helper on Windows but I cannot select which URL the Helper should open, when I search an item and right click on it. In its current state the Helper will just try to open the top URL although I would like it to open another URL I saved in the same login.

Example: My NAS login's first URL is the local IP in my network. Locally that is fine but with remote access this URL does not work and I would like Helper to open the DDNS address instead.

Thanks for any help or considering this for future updates.

Hendrik

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I do not know whether this is a problem with the Helper in general or if it affects only the Helper on Windows but I cannot select which URL the Helper should open, when I search an item and right click on it. In its current state the Helper will just try to open the top URL although I would like it to open another URL I saved in the same login.

@JohnnyFJohnsson: It hasn't come up before, but you're right: this is one limitation of the current design. You can always click a specific URL in the item details in 1Password though. We'll be refreshing 1Password mini in a future update, and perhaps we can

Example: My NAS login's first URL is the local IP in my network. Locally that is fine but with remote access this URL does not work and I would like Helper to open the DDNS address instead. Thanks for any help or considering this for future updates.

Absolutely! Thanks for the example! Indeed, 1Password mini does not show URLs at all currently, but that's something we'd like to integrate into it in the future. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thanks for your reply and good to hear that this is something on your roadmap now. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for letting us know this is important to you! I thought I was the only one. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.