Open and Fill Not Working in 1Password extension (4.7.1.90)

Open and Fill functionality from within 1Password extension stopped working for me after I upgraded to 1Password 7.0.1 for Mac and upgraded to 1Password extension (4.7.1.90). The "does not work" part - clicking on "Open and Fill" does nothing.

When using Open and Fill from within 1Password 7.0.1 for Mac, it works fine. But as per above - not from extension.

Browser: Chrome v66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1Password Version: 7.0.1 for Mac
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jasonpress
    jasonpress
    Community Member

+1 — I can confirm this is also the case for OS 10.13.4 (all other specs the same).

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hello @Mr_Zaggy & @jasonpress,

So there are a couple of ways of initiating open-and-fill from the new mini.

Can you let me know if both aren't working or if you're finding the issue is limited to one of them?

• jasonpress
    jasonpress
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Thanks for the reply. For me, both #'s 1 and 2 do nothing (i.e., I click them and nothing happens).

In fact, for me, when I open the main 1Password 7 app and use the "Open & Fill" option there, it does not work either. It just switches focus to the browser window (Chrome, in this case) but nothing happens.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jasonpress,

What about filling the current open page in Chrome using the keyboard shortcut ⌘\?

• jasonpress
    jasonpress
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables,

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work either. In fact, the shortcut opens the mini but it doesn't even "navigate" to the associated login item/entry. I use the keyboard shortcut extensively and am very eager to get this issue resolved ASAP so please feel free to let me know if I can provide any other details or do any testing.

Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@jasonpress: I think we really need to review a diagnostic report. There's a few possibilities and rather than try and eliminate them one by one a diagnostic report will hopefully identify the reason immediately. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that here please that will help us locate it quickly.

@Mr_Zaggy: So earlier today I couldn't reproduce but now I can. I'm not sure what is going on there but at least while we work on it option 1 is a possibility. Thank you for the report :smile:

• jasonpress
    jasonpress
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables,

I was actually just about to submit a report and then noticed the new 7.0.2 update. After updating, things seem to be working a bit better for me! I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I run into the same issue.

Thank you :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I don't know what might have been in the 7.0.2 update that would have helped but I won't turn my nose up at learning things are working :smile: Do let us know if this changes at all.

This discussion has been closed.