troubles with ver 7.01

Options
lasllcap
lasllcap
Community Member

Just installed the update to 7.01 . Not much works now. Both amazon accts (wife and me ) are unreachable from the mini or the desktop as the yellow 2FA banner locks me out, even though 2FA is current and has been for ages. Even getting to this site was a problem - no 2FA banner but website link in both desktop and mini will not function Need to go to a web search for login and then copy and paste ( click and drag does not work). I'm at a loss - dont even know where to start; and whats up with this tiny magic wand looking thing in the mini.
I am afraid to open my wives win10 version.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.1 (70001002) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.9.1.0
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @lasllcap! Do you have 2FA enabled for your Amazon accounts? If so, did you store the one-time password in 1Password or somewhere else? And where are you seeing that 2FA banner?

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member
    Options

Jacob - I am sorry as I did not ask/list my questions in any kind of order or coherence.

2FA - Our Amazon accounts have had 2FA enabled long before we were using 1PW. The yellow/orange warning banner would come up on the 1PW amazon window (i dont know what else to call it) when i open Amazon from the vault list. __In any case I have taken care of this with 2FA tag. by the way - what the hell is "one time password" - is that "OTP" i see in so many comments and replies ?

Website link broken in mini and desktop version - got this figured out ; but am way puzzled - When clicking on login/PW link from desktop 1PW vault list, link does not work UNLESS Browser is already up and running ( NOTE that this is a MAC and 1PW is running on desktop 2 and browser (Chrome) is running on desktop 4) this was not a problem on ver.6.

I feel like i need a degree in IT and several years of coding just to make any sense of the comments and replies here, in order to figure out the workarounds. believe me most of this is not a QED type of skip to the completion

Thanks for all your work, it is a great application.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lasllcap

...is that "OTP" i see in so many comments and replies ?

Yep: one time password. It's one of a few methods of what falls under the umbrella "2FA" descriptor. Officially, it's Time-based One-Time Password (the kind that gives you thirty seconds to enter before it resets to a different code).

believe me most of this is not a QED type of skip to the completion

Yeah, 1Password's grown enough that it may very well not be immediately obvious to grasp all the functions of, especially for the newcomer. We actually spend a lot more time than you'd probably imagine trying to keep the complexity down, because we know most people are NOT tech-nerds who spend hours a day doing this sort of stuff. You're welcome (nay, encouraged! ;) ) to drop by either here or email us at support@1password.com if you have additional questions or run into difficulties. I'd also recommend our excellent support site, where you can frequently type in a few words related to what you want to do or are having trouble with, and get right to an article that describes it exactly. We're here to help! :)

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars ; I eventually get a lot , but a lot is also pretty deep and sticky.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@laslicap - well, I mean, that's also why we're here. If you run into difficulties or something's not clear or not functioning the way you understand it should...come ask us! We're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.