Blinking Icon (OS X 10.9.5, Firefox 60.0.1, 1P 4.4.2)

My Mac Mini server runs Mavericks (10.9.5), which means (I believe) that I’m stuck using 1Password 4.4.2 (which is installed). I just updated Firefox to 60.0.01, and I’m now faced with the problem of the blinking 1Password icon on the Firefox menu bar. I’ve tried reloading Firefox and the 1Password mini app using various methods I found in this support forum, but nothing has worked. Dropping Mavericks isn’t an option at present, is there some underlying issue here that I can work around, or maybe even a fix?

1Password Version: 4.4.2
Extension Version: 4.1.7.90
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jasnw
    jasnw
    Community Member

I see that my query has been moved to the Deprecated forum. Doesn't change the fact that I'd like to know if there's a way to keep the old 1Password interfacing with the new Firefox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jasnw: I don't where anything says "deprecated", but certainly 1Password 4 will not work with recent versions of Firefox, as it's been using a completely different extension and connection mechanism last year. you can find more details here:

1Password 4 legacy support information

You may be able to use 1Password and Safari still, as I don't believe Apple has changed anything there. Otherwise you'll need to copy and paste. But it's not something we recommend since using an outdated OS and web browser means you're vulnerable to known security flaws that have been fixed in subsequent releases. There are no other workarounds, and ultimately it will be necessary to update in order to go further.

• jasnw
    jasnw
    Community Member

Thanks, guess I'll have to use Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't have a Mac running Mavericks handy to confirm, but that should be doable.

This discussion has been closed.