To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Feature Request: Share with other Vault options

Options
cpmcgrath
cpmcgrath
Community Member

Hi,
I understand that with this one there's a balancing act between giving the user control and complicating the UI, but I think it would be really useful.

Case: I move a vault from one vault to another
At the moment, the item history is completely removed. It would be nice if there was a "Move with history" and "Move without history" option.
I get in your system it's not really moving it, it's just making a new item and trashing the old. And trusting that when a new item says, "And here's my history" can undermine faith in the audit. But I'm confident you could find a way to make it work 🙂

At the very least I think the user should be made more aware that the item's history will not be copied. (preferably without a confirmation dialog)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cpmcgrath: This doesn't really have anything to do with Windows, so I've moved it to the Memberships category. :)

Case: I move a vault from one vault to another

Do you mean move items from one vault to another?

Hmm. I think I get what you're saying, and how that might be desirable in some cases, but it's very situational. I'm not sure that it makes sense to say "item history will not be copied" when, logically, items in a new vault will have no history — sort of like the are no dust bunnies in a new house. ;)

But optionally transferring history is an interesting idea we can consider for the future. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.