Windows Hello not taking focus

Options

Really excited about 1PW7 - primarily for Windows Hello integration - hurrah!

However, although it works, it's a little cumbersome to use.

I can see I have to first activate the hand-off to Windows Hello. Clicking the icon is a bit of a pain, but soon figured out that hitting [Enter] without a password also activates this, so this is manageable.

However, although the Hello box appears, it's sat behind the 1WD app - it doesn't take focus. Therefore you still have to use your mouse (or lots of Alt+Tabbing!) to get to the box.

Is it possible to address this, so the Hello box always takes focus?

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @extrobe,

Thanks for writing in.

That would be a Windows issue because we can't control how Windows Hello show up, we inform Windows that you've requested Hello and it should show up on top.

Do you have the same problem if you click on the Hello button instead of entering?

Is this in the main 1Password app or in 1Password mini?

• extrobe
    extrobe
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, both with the icon and using enter key.
    This is the main app I'm using.

I'll upgrade on my laptop, see if it's the same there

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@extrobe: If it works correctly on your laptop, then something is affecting this behaviour on this computer. Please let us know what you find. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• extrobe
    extrobe
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, seems ok on my laptop - and I'm not seeing anyone else say anything about, so must be a local issue. I'll try re-installing, see if that fixes it! Thanks for the help though! :chuffed:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@extrobe: It sounds like a local issue indeed. Please let us know how it goes! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.