1P 7 mini subtle behavior regression

Options
dubokk15
dubokk15
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for multiple versions. I believe I started shortly after 5 was released. I really like the new design in 7 a lot--it all looks fantastic. However, there has been one major change in the behavior of 1Password mini which has hit me repeatedly:

When using the shortcut to open 1P mini, command-option-\, I used to be able to press my right arrow key twice and hit enter to copy the password for my first starred Login item. Now, instead, hitting the right arrow key focuses the "username" field sometimes, and at other times it doesn't visibly show that anything is focused.

• When it does focus the username field, I can hit the down arrow to get the password which I can deal with, but is sub-par. It seems much more common to need to copy the password, as this is a password manager.
  • When it doesn't show focus on anything, sometimes hitting the down arrow focuses the password field, as if the focus was on the username but the field was not outlined with the copy button. Sometimes hitting the down arrow focuses the username field, as if focus just entered the item. Other times, I either have to use the mouse or close 1P mini and try again.

To reproduce the behavior where there seems to be hidden focus on the username field, I open 1P mini (which automatically selects "Favorites"), then I press the right arrow twice to enter into the first item on my Favorites list. The username field should be selected at this point as normal. Then, press the left arrow twice to get back to Favorites and press the right arrow twice again. Now, nothing shows as selected.

To reproduce the behavior where there seems to be no focus but sometimes pressing the down arrow brings focus to the username field, I open 1P mini, press the right arrow twice to navigate to the first item on my Favorites list. This username field should be selected at this point as normal. I then close 1P mini (by, say, hitting the esc key). Then I press the key combination again and 1P mini comes up already selected on the same item as when I had closed it, but this time there is no focus.

Another minor nit is that closing 1P mini and pressing the key combination again should always bring me back to the main screen with "Favorites" and "Categories". If I need to repeatedly view the same entry, I add it to my favorites list. I expect to always be presented with the same first screen when pressing the key combination.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.