1Password mini window question.

plucas62
plucas62
Community Member

How do you lock the mini 1Password window onto the tab you are working on? I hit the button in the upper right corner and the window moves to the desktop the full application is associated with, which in my case is desktop 5. My Safari app is on desktop 4. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated! Love the program!!!

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5 Beta
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do you lock the mini 1Password window onto the tab you are on?

Comments

• Hi plucas62,

I'm confused, which button in the upper right are you clicking?

1Password mini should open in whichever screen (including virtual desktop) is active. The main 1Password app works differently, it is stuck on a single screen, like a regular app.

• plucas62
    plucas62
    Community Member

When you use the mini and go into a log in you have 4 options. "Edit" on the left. Then you have "Favorite", "Share", and then there's a new button. Is that suppose to lock the windows on the tab that you are on? When I select that option the mini moves to the desktop the main 1Password App is on.

• @plucas62,

That last button is the replacement for version 6's Anchor button, it pops that items detail out into a separate window. You can also access this functionality using the command-o keyboard shortcut or the "Open in Separate Window" menu item under the Item menu.

Rudy

• plucas62
    plucas62
    Community Member

Why when I select that button the window opens and then goes to a different desktop on my computer? It goes to the desktop 1Password is assigned too. In previous versions of 1Password the window would lock on the desktop I was using.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@plucas62 - Do you have other window management software running on your Mac? On my own setup, when I have the main 1Password window open in desktop A, and a browser open in desktop B, invoking the 1Password mini will bring it up in desktop B, and clicking the pop-out menu button displays it correctly in desktop B as well. You're saying it switches back to desktop A for you?

• plucas62
    plucas62
    Community Member

Hi Lars,

No, I do not have any window management software running on my iMac and Yes it switches back to desktop 5 for me. I do assign certain applications to certain desktops. 1Password is on Desktop 5 and Safari is assigned to desktop 4. I did not have this problem with 1Password 6. I want to thank you for taking the time to help me with this situation. I hope you are having and will have a wonderful time at WWDC2018 starting today. Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@plucas62 - Thanks! I only wish I was out at WWDC! No, just another week for me. In previous versions of 1Password, the main application and the mini were separate processes on your Mac; in 1Password 7 (partly due to sandboxing of version 7 for the first time), they are not. That's why if you assign 1Password 7 to a specific space, it's always going to open in that space.

• plucas62
    plucas62
    Community Member

I understand. What do you suggest I do so I can have the mini window stay on the desktop I'm using?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@plucas62 - right now, there's no setting/tip to get the mini to follow your mouse. It will (re) appear in whatever the most-recent place you used it happened to be. We're looking into how we might adjust this behavior for users with either very large desktops or multiple screens/desktops. In the meantime, you may want to experiment with the "Assign To" feature of macOS in the dock, to see if any of that better suits your requirements. Click-and-hold 1Password's dock icon, then choose Options and you'll see it: the choices are None, This Desktop and All Desktops.

• plucas62
    plucas62
    Community Member

Thanks Lars, I have selected "None" for the desktop for 1Password and that seems to work. Thanks for helping me with this situation.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@plucas62 - great! I'm glad you were able to find a satisfactory resolution to this issue that works for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.