I get an error "You can’t open the application “1Password 7” because it is not responding"

Options
nashmrkt
nashmrkt
Community Member

High Sierra OS. Latest extension: 4.7.1.90.
1Password App version 7.0.1.
I click on browser icon and the browser toolbar flashes. that is all.
When I try to launch 1Password app, this error pops up.
"You can’t open the application “1Password 7” because it is not responding".
I just recently switched from Lastpass to 1Password and this is not a great user experience.
I have installed 1password extension on all 3 browsers (chrome, Safari, Firefox). All browsers are latest versions.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: I think icloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @nashmrkt

First off, welcome to 1Password. That is certainly strange, though. Might I suggest you've your computer a quick reboot and see if that solves the issue? If not, we will diagnose things further.

• nashmrkt
    nashmrkt
    Community Member
    Options

After reboot I still could reproduce the issue. I then deleted the app and removed the browser extensions. Then rebooted again. This time I installed the app from App Store. Installed extensions. things seem to be going ok. I have another issue that I will file separately. Show Weak passwords crashes the app everytime.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nashmrkt - I'm sorry for the trouble! I'm glad you were able to work around it, but that shouldn't have been necessary, and it makes me wonder whether something might be going on with your specific setup. However, if you're satisfied things are working OK, then we'll look for your other issue and try to help you there. :)

This discussion has been closed.