I previously purchased 1Password windows & Mac bundle & would like to do the same to upgrade to V7?

I am absolutely not interested in any subscription. I buy my software outright so I get to keep the functionality of the software I have paid for as apposed to when subscribing once I cancel it becomes read only no matter how long I've paid monthly. I would like to buy the same 1Password windows and Mac bundle. I am unable to find it. Is it available for purchase or are you forcing us customers to buy the 1Password 7 Mac version for $49.99 and then the 1Password 7 for Windows for and additional $49.99 totaling $99.98. I run 1Password on 1 MacBook Pro in windows via bootcamp and on macOS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I'd like to have the same option too.
    I use windows on job pc and mac at home. I'll happily upgrade for 50$ but 100$ to upgrade both win and mac is way too much.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi folks,

At this time we do not sell a Mac + Windows bundle. I’m not aware of any plans in that regard, but I’ll certainly pass the feedback along to the rest of the team. :)

Ben

• I purchased 1Password 4 Windows and 1Password 6 Mac in a bundle and it was about the same price as just one upgrade of 1Password 7 whichever format. Can you reintroduce the bundle package again as I would prefer to pay a reasonable price not double for both platforms. Thanks

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for the feedback, @marcop.

Ben

• I see it like the others. I'm willing to pay for an upgrade of the bundle, but if it isn't available ...
    I stopped using Adobe products due to the subscription. I'm really hoping there will be a different option here.
    Another strange thing is, that at first the price was at 49,99$ within an hour it has raised to 64,99$.
    Then on the billing page you are talking about 69,99€ with a generous discount of 22%, so I end up with 53,99 € = 62,98$.
    Why do we have to paid more in Europe?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I see it like the others.

We appreciate your perspective, and I'll certainly pass the feedback along to the rest of the team re: bundling.

Why do we have to paid more in Europe?

That would seemingly be the price after VAT.

Ben

• Same boat here. I paid 55.99 for Mac/Windows bundle 1Password 6. Now for the very next version, I have to pay again, which I am fine with but there should be an option to buy the bundle at a reduced price. Especially for folks who own it.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts here, @parwinder.

Ben

• That would seemingly be the price after VAT.<

Then my math have been lost, we have 19%.

I meant, that price was even higher after the discount, than the initial price tag.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@Sascha_P

I’m sorry I’m not following. Could you please email the details to our sales team ([email protected])? They’d be in the best position to assist with any pricing discrepencies.

Ben

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@parwinder: We never sold licenses for 1Password for Widows version 6, as the new app didn't yet have support for local vaults. Definitely reach out via email at [email protected] if you have any questions about pricing or purchase options. :)

• I bought once a windows+mac bundle (1password 6 and 5 for windows).
    I really hate from my inserts Guth, the new online subscription model.

I read that I have to download first 7.0 to see upgrade prices for the standalone version.

I wanted to ask is there still not a bundle option?
    Or do I have to download 7.0 and overwrite my 6.xx on mac and again for 5.xx windows and pay upgrade price for both separately?

It is very suspicious and unserious that not anywhere is a price is written, or a clear hint where to find that.
    It is obvious that you don’t want people to buy standalone and force the monthly cloud version.
    But it seems that you don't know, that a big chunk of** people are not stupid, and do not trust the cloud for simple mathematics reason, **I gave away my data to 3rd party.
    There is nothing that you can do to convince me that my data is safe because it is simple math, it is not in my hands anymore.

I am very sad that you are more greedy then help poor students.
    1password has changed, and this could be the end of my customer being!!!

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member
    edited February 7

@guest

I read that I have to download first 7.0 to see upgrade prices for the standalone version.

Not sure where you read that, but a quick look at this forum would have proven that's not the case -- a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac costs $49.99 currently, at the "launch special" discount of over 23% off the eventual full price of $64.99. A 1Password 7 for Windows license costs the same. There is no longer any bundled license of both versions.

It is very suspicious and unserious that not anywhere is a price is written, or a clear hint where to find that.

Again, that's not at all the case. What is true is that we are emphasizing 1password.com memberships as the best way to use 1Password for both new users and even existing users who are thinking of upgrading to version 7.

But it seems that you don't know, that a big chunk of people are not stupid, and do not trust the cloud for simple mathematics reason, I gave away my data to 3rd party.

We don't think any of our users are stupid -- in fact, they're pretty smart to be using a password manager to increase their security. But I think this might be stemming from a misconception: we (AgileBits) never have access to your actual data, only encrypted blobs, to which you and you alone possess the keys to decrypt.

There is nothing that you can do to convince me that my data is safe because it is simple math, it is not in my hands anymore.

Certainly it is. In a 1password.com account, you have a local store of your data on every device you install a 1Password app onto. That's how you can use 1Password without an internet connection (like on an airplane or in a tunnel). If it were the case that your data was "not in your hands," you wouldn't be able to use 1Password without the ability to connect to 1password.com -- but you can. :)

I am very sad that you are more greedy then help poor students.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you a student? I'll repeat: standalone licenses are still available, and they're available at a 23% discount currently. If you have an unusual situation that you think merits special consideration, definitely send an email to [email protected], and one of our sales team will be happy to work with you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file