download 1password6

Options
jgoddards1
jgoddards1
Community Member

I was running 1Password6 on all my Macs but had problem with the one on my MacBook Pro and decided to reinstall. However, I inadvertently downloaded 1Password7 and installed it without realizing it would require a new license. I am not ready to upgrade and certainly not ready to
for a monthly subscription, which I resent having to do. Can you please tell me how to download 1Password6? Joe Goddard

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:download 1password6

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@jgoddards1,

To download 1Password 6 you would go to https://1password.com/downloads/ and click the "Using OS X El Capitan or earlier?" link under the Mac download button.

Rudy

• jgoddards1
    jgoddards1
    Community Member
    Options

Rudy, Sorry but that downloads 7.01. Any other ideas?

• rudy
    edited May 2018
    Options

@jgoddards1,

You'll want to click the Get 1Password 6.8.9 button instead of the Download button at the top.

Rudy

• jgoddards1
    jgoddards1
    Community Member
    Options

When I click on Get 1Password 6.8.9 I get a little magnifying glass with + inside (on Safari) and nothing downloads.

• rudy
    Options

@jgoddards1,

It sounds like you're possibly trying to click on the image i pasted rather than clicking on that button on https://1password.com/downloads ?

Rudy

• jgoddards1
    jgoddards1
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps. I assumed it contained a link to the website. Thanks. I will try again.

• Jacob
    Options

@jgoddards1 How'd things go? :)

• Barchandune
    Barchandune
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem and just downloaded the 6. version. Works fine. thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Barchandune - great! 1Password licenses never expire, so you're free to continue using what you have to license version 6 for as long as you have hardware and versions of macOS that will run it. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.