1Password 7 - Standalone vs Subscription Differences

I have spent some time trying to find a clear outline of the differences between a standalone license of 1Password 7 and a subscription license. I haven't found any information that encourages me to upgrade from a 1Password 6 license to 1Password 7. I am leaning towards switching to the subscription model but would like further information on the features not available to me if I were to stick with a standalone license. If this info is available in another forum post or knowledgebase article, could you please link me to it?

Additionally, I understand the desire to switch the majority of your user base to a subscription model - simplicity, future-proofing upgrades, ease of use, etc... but I am a single user who lives entirely in the Apple ecosystem of hardware and software. I have no use for Windows or Android, nor do I need the options to share vaults - these features seem like a large benefit of the subscription model. While I understand a vast majority of 1Password clients and users need these features, it seem that as casual user I am being oversold based on my needs. I don't say this to discount your teams awesome product or support (I truly appreciate all that you do) but I just would like to make the right purchase for my situation.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @jwbreedlove

There are some significant improvements to both 1Password mini / browser integration as well as Watchtower in 1Password 7. You get those whichever way you choose to purchase and use 1Password.

This guide covers a lot of what you’re asking about:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Some of the items I like to talk about are: Sharing, Documents, Related Items, 2SV/2FA, Travel Mode, and 1st party sync. These all require membership based vaults which require a subscription. Everything is included with a subscription.

If you don’t need any of that, and are happy with what licensing provides, licenses are still available. That said, even for someone in your situation (which is not all that dissimilar from my own situation) an individual membership still provides great value for $2.99 USD/mo... less than many folks pay for a fancy coffee per day... :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file