When dismissing 1Password Mini, focus is on wrong window -- keystrokes go to background app

Options
natevancouver
natevancouver
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

If the main 1Password window is currently hidden, and then I bring up 1Password Mini:

• The main 1Password window also appears, behind 1Password Mini but in front of the browser.
  • After dismissing the Mini window, the 1Password window is frontmost, but keyboard focus remains on the background app (the browser).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open 1Password. Hide it (Cmd-H).
  2. In your browser, open some web site.
  3. Call up 1Password Mini using any method:
    • Press the 1Password extension icon in your browser toolbar
    • Or click the 1Password Mini icon in the Mac menu bar
    • Or press Cmd-\

Expected results: 1Password Mini opens
Actual results: 1Password Mini and 1Password main window both open, with the main window in front of the browser

1. Press Escape to dismiss 1Password Mini.
  2. Notice that 1Password Main Window is still frontmost. Press Cmd-H to hide it.

Expected results: 1Password main window is hidden
Actual results: Web browser window that is in the background, is hidden

🔐 Security implication: You might type sensitive information, thinking it will go into the frontmost window (1Password). That text actually goes into the background window (Safari, Chrome, etc.). You probably wouldn’t do that since you won’t have the blinking I-bar cursor, but it is possible.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@natevancouver - thanks for reporting, and I'm sorry for the trouble. This is actually an issue we're aware of already and although that doesn't help you immediately, we are working on it and hope to have a fix out before too long. Thanks for your patience.

ref: apple-1157

This discussion has been closed.