[Feature Request] 1Password 7: Always show copy, reveal, etc icons

I find it very hard to know where the password copy, reveal, etc icons will appear.

Will they appear equally offset as the icon / field names are from the left border of the pane? How wide are the invisible scroll bars? Which order do they appear in? Do I want the left most one or the right most one?

The only target you know will make the correct one appear is on the opposite side of the pane. That's a lot of empty space to mouse without accidentally moving to the another row.

I'd rather have an option to just have them all always visible.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1709)
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @Philippe23,

Thanks for writing in.

We have no plans to change that behavior, it is not supposed to show anything until you hover over the field and once you do, it'll show these icons. In addition, we highlight the row when you hover:

We have this same behavior across all 1Password apps and this will remain consistent as such. We've actually have more complaints about showing icons all the time as well when we used to show icons all the time in an early build of 1Password 6.

We are planning to redesign the item details viewer in the near future, there will be better indication of what you're clicking on.

• Philippe23
    Philippe23
    Community Member

Just in case anyone else has a similar issue, in addition to the hover mentioned above, I realized you can click the row and it'll remain highlighted with the icons showing, making targeting them much easier at the price of an extra click.

• Thanks for the tip!

This discussion has been closed.