Browser toolbar/window flashes when I click the 1Password extension icon.

nashmrkt
nashmrkt
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I click the 1Password toolbar icon and the browser window just flashes and nothing else happens.
I can launch 1Password app just fine. Once 1password is launched, clicking the browser extension icon just flashes the 1password app window to the front and then back.
I can click the helper app menu icon and it does launch the overlay.
Rebooting my Mac will fix it for a few hours but something makes it go back to not working. This is a bit frustrating for a start. I really like 1Password. let us see how we can make this work and keep working.
1password is downloaded from App store.
This flashing behavior is in chrome, FF and Safari.
PS: I have 2 Chrome profiles (using the People feature of Chrome)

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nashmrkt - sorry for the trouble! I'm not quite sure what might be causing that, so in order to get a closer look at what me the situation with regard to your specific setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#BUQ-88177-593]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @nashmrkt only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: BUQ-88177-593

• nashmrkt
    nashmrkt
    Community Member

Diag. report sent.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nashmrkt - replied! Let's keep the conversation going via email if you don't mind, as it's likely to get into nitty-gritty about your personal setup which probably shouldn't be on this public forum.

This discussion has been closed.