I updated my PC version of 1Password and now my iPhone won't sync

Options
Robin Kline
Robin Kline
Community Member

I purchased 1Password years ago for my PC and iPhone and have had them syncing via Dropbox. Recently I was having trouble with the app using Chrome on my PC and updated the app on my PC. Now my iPhone no longer syncs. I noticed during the update that the 1Password.agilekeychain file was changed to 1Password.legacyagilekeychain and I have a new file 1Password.opvault. I'm assuming this is why the sync no longer works. But now I am not sure what to do with my iPhone to update it. Help?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626 on PC, 7.0.6 on iPhone
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: iOS 11.4, Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:sync iphone with PC using dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi there Robin,

You are correct, that would be the reason sync has stopped working. The AgileKeychain format has been retired with 1Password 7 in favour of the new OPVault that was introduced a couple years back. AgileKeychain was great when it was made but has since become rather outdated and needed improvement, hence the replacement.

As for how to point your phone to the right place, open up 1Password and tap Settings>Sync>Primary. There should be a button near the bottom to "Change Dropbox". That should allow you to change the location in Dropbox 1Password on iOS is syncing to. If you switch it over to the OPVault file, sync should function once again.

ref: SPV-31328-184

This discussion has been closed.