Cannot sign into account in 1Password 6 on iOS 10 / 9 [does not support two-factor authentication]

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Business and Teams

I had an issue, reported in the 1Password for iOS forum about 1Password 6.9.1 not working with 1Password.com. I went to the Duo website and Duo has simplified their options. I don't recall all of the previous options but now when setting a device in Duo, only Unknown, Mobile and Landline are available. Previously, Tablet was present, as well as others.

I am certain iPad 4 used to work with 1Password and Duo but now it does not but I cannot pinpoint the reason why. It may be due to the device category removal from Duo. Things still work with my iPhone SE (iOS 11) which is Mobile, not Tablet.

For reference here is the other discussion:
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90745/1password-6-9-for-ios-and-qr-code-scan#latest

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'll post this here as well, as it might help others:

Previously, when there was only Duo support, and this was only available in the 1Password Teams Pro plan, this was not used at all in the apps, only when signing into the website. With the introduction of broader two-factor support with our own implementation in addition to Duo, we added this to the apps themselves, and this is enforced by the server during authentication. So older versions of the apps that don't know about this requirement simply cannot authenticate with two-factor of any kind enabled on the account.

Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Thanks for the double posting! Being an early adopter definitely has its benefits and pitfalls!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Haha sorry. I wasn't trying to bore you to death, but figured others might have similar questions. Thanks for hanging with us on the bleeding edge! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.