Slow performance in 1Password 7.2 [7.2.580 update will be out soon, more improvements coming in 7.3]

12346»

Comments

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member

@komocode btw i found this reddit topic complaining about the same thing https://old.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/afgvll/has_anybody_else_noticed_1password_7_for_macos/

Of course it is not on windows but still. Similar.

• @ttim03: I didn't find your steps to slow things down for me either, even with saving that edit. That said, I didn't make any changes to that item. If you do make a change, that would trigger a sync, which is certainly a variable that could potentially slow things down some. Do you find those steps slow things down whether or not you make an actual change to the item you edited?

@komocode: Have we looked at any diagnostics from you yet? A quick scan of the thread is makes it seem like we haven't, but I do believe what you're seeing is a bit different than what @ttim03 is experiencing and that you use standalone vaults is a variable that suggests so possibilities. It may be worth a peek. If you're up for it, create a Diagnostics Report from your PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

Send them to support+windows@1password.com and drop me a line here when you've sent 'em over. Bonus points for including your support ID so I can find 'em easier. I'll take a peek and see if I can hunt down some clues. :chuffed:

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member

@bundtkate

Yes I do find those steps slow things down whether of not I make actual change to the item I edited.

Though only sometimes.

• komocode
    komocode
    Community Member

@bundtkate i sent one a long time ago before 7.3. should i do it again?

• @komocode Please do. The vast majority of what we did in 7.3 was meant to address slowness specifically with standalone vaults and for most 7.3 has sped things up to the point where it's near instant. There are a few wrinkles we want to iron out in 7.4 so you might be running into one of those, but a lot has changed since 7.2, so another look is worthwhile. :+1:

@ttim03: Interesting. I still can't reproduce this. I know you've been working some with Greg over e-mail. I may not have any better ideas, but I'll take a look and see if an extra set of eyes helps.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member

@bundtkate thank you

• :chuffed: :+1:

• komocode
    komocode
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

@bundtkate i sent the report to support@1password, forgot to add the "+windows".

supportID: #CEK-13924-927

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @komocode,

I found your report on our side. We will take a closer look and get back to you soon. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: CEK-13924-927

• hbg
    hbg
    Community Member

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue. Performance on Windows 10 has been painfully slow for quite a while to the point of the tool being almost unusable. Performance is just fine on all other platforms for me. Let me know if there are any diagnostics I can send along to help.

Thanks,
    J

• Diagnostics would be great, @hbg! Instructions are here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Don't post them here, but do attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Include a link to this thread in the body of your e-mail, that way the team can "connect the dots" when your diagnostics arrive.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  For bonus points, post that number here and I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :+1:

Thanks very much! :chuffed:

• hbg
    hbg
    Community Member

Thanks @bundtkate. Bonus points reference number: #ZQX-24387-655.

• Thanks, @hbg! I've found your e-mail and hereby award you 10 bonus points for the support ID. At the moment, all bonus points give you is a sense of pride and accomplishment, but according to EA this is super important, so I'm sure you're thrilled. :wink: I'll take a peek as soon as I'm done here in the forum and get back to you via e-mail with findings. :chuffed:

ref: ZQX-24387-655

• pitahbyte
    pitahbyte
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

@bundtkate I'm also having the same issue. Reference Number: #UUP-37969-117

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you via email. :)

ref: UUP-37969-117

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Howiedoit,

This is a family-friendly forum, so let's discuss this issue politely without any profanity. Thank you.

As for the issue you described, it has nothing to do with 1Password 7 for Windows. It sounds like you installed 1Password X in Chrome. The thing is that 1Password X works entirely in your browser, that is why you get redirected to my.1password.com. You can learn more about 1Password X here.

To resolve these issues, please try to uninstall 1Password X, and install our standard extension from this direct Chrome extension download link.

Let me know how it works for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• silv
    silv
    Community Member

I've been having slowness on the Windows side for months now, where loading the initial unlock UI from the browser would take 5-10 seconds and then attempting to populate a form would take 30-60s. It's worth noting attempting to load the full application during this time would also not do anything.

It's incredibly frustrating, and it happens on both FF and Chrome. Reinstalling the browser extension seems to fix things for awhile as noted above, but soon enough it's back to being slow. I have both a personal family account as well as a corporate account, with many items in both, but Mac opens instantly.

Not trying to be too dramatic, but it's nearly unusably slow.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @silv,

I am really sorry you are having a bad time with 1Password!

If you roll back to 1Password 7.2 and disable Auto-updates in Settings, does the issue with performance remains? Please give it a try and let me know how it works.

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• Shyuan
    Shyuan
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

I am still experiencing lag in v7.3, especially when I unlock 1Password on Windows 10 and edit/save password entries my mouse pointer literally lags all the way when moving. Filling in Chrome doesn't show much lag but it happens occassionally too. May I know anyone experiencing the same? (I just want to add that the very early version in v7 back in those days did not cause this kind of lag issue, I believe I experienced this since v7.1/v7.2 onwards)

Windows 10 Core i5-8250
    8GB RAM
    256GB SSD

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1Password doens't have any control over input, like the mouse pointer, so that's odd. What kind of input device is it -- e.g. brand and type? Perhaps it's something one of us has.

I would expect something like that if the driver is reliant on the CPU for some reason...or back in the day that would happen when multiple devices were trying to use the same IRQ. Certainly 1Password is trying, in a sense, to eat up some resources for crypto operations, calibrating so as not to make it easy for an attacker to brute force your Master Password. But I haven't been seeing other reports of something like this.

• Shyuan
    Shyuan
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

@brenty,

Thanks for your precious information, I am aware about everything you mentioned.

BUT, obviously I wasn't asking you about my mouse! I was just referring how lag 1Password can cause my computer to be every time when I open it up or edit something. I was also trying to say apart from operating 1Password, I have no lag issues on my computer. Not sure why did you focused on my mouse pointer instead of the main issue about lag.

I have no issues on my other devices, just this Windows 10.

Also as I have mentioned, this issue happened since one of the updates somewhere around 7.1 / 7.2 (7.0 was just fine and smooth!) And I'm now already on latest 7.3 still the same lag issue.

Just FYI, I've been using 1Password since version 4. Would gladly go back to that version if this issue persists on v7.3+ because it's very annoying.

• Shyuan
    Shyuan
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

So no support staff cared about my message about lagging issues with 1Password above? I thought forum is the fastest way to get help, does this imply only to new topic?

I have updated to the latest version (it was automatically updated), 1Password still appears to be lagging when operating it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Shyuan,

I have replied to your message in a discussion you created here. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Not sure why did you focused on my mouse pointer instead of the main issue about lag.

Sorry for the confusion. This is why:

when I unlock 1Password on Windows 10 and edit/save password entries my mouse pointer literally lags all the way when moving

Since this discussion is outdated and you've created a newer one for the specific issue you were having, I'll close this one.

This discussion has been closed.