Slow performance in 1Password 7.2 [7.2.580 update will be out soon, more improvements coming in 7.3]

12346»

Comments

• @komocode btw i found this reddit topic complaining about the same thing https://old.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/afgvll/has_anybody_else_noticed_1password_7_for_macos/

Of course it is not on windows but still. Similar.

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

@ttim03: I didn't find your steps to slow things down for me either, even with saving that edit. That said, I didn't make any changes to that item. If you do make a change, that would trigger a sync, which is certainly a variable that could potentially slow things down some. Do you find those steps slow things down whether or not you make an actual change to the item you edited?

@komocode: Have we looked at any diagnostics from you yet? A quick scan of the thread is makes it seem like we haven't, but I do believe what you're seeing is a bit different than what @ttim03 is experiencing and that you use standalone vaults is a variable that suggests so possibilities. It may be worth a peek. If you're up for it, create a Diagnostics Report from your PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

Send them to [email protected] and drop me a line here when you've sent 'em over. Bonus points for including your support ID so I can find 'em easier. I'll take a peek and see if I can hunt down some clues. :chuffed:

• @bundtkate

Yes I do find those steps slow things down whether of not I make actual change to the item I edited.

Though only sometimes.

• @bundtkate i sent one a long time ago before 7.3. should i do it again?

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

@komocode Please do. The vast majority of what we did in 7.3 was meant to address slowness specifically with standalone vaults and for most 7.3 has sped things up to the point where it's near instant. There are a few wrinkles we want to iron out in 7.4 so you might be running into one of those, but a lot has changed since 7.2, so another look is worthwhile. :+1:

@ttim03: Interesting. I still can't reproduce this. I know you've been working some with Greg over e-mail. I may not have any better ideas, but I'll take a look and see if an extra set of eyes helps.

• @bundtkate thank you

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

:chuffed: :+1:

• komocodekomocode
    edited January 23

@bundtkate i sent the report to [email protected], forgot to add the "+windows".

supportID: #CEK-13924-927

• GregGreg

Team Member

Hi @komocode,

I found your report on our side. We will take a closer look and get back to you soon. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: CEK-13924-927

• Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue. Performance on Windows 10 has been painfully slow for quite a while to the point of the tool being almost unusable. Performance is just fine on all other platforms for me. Let me know if there are any diagnostics I can send along to help.

Thanks,
    J

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

Diagnostics would be great, @hbg! Instructions are here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Don't post them here, but do attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

Include a link to this thread in the body of your e-mail, that way the team can "connect the dots" when your diagnostics arrive.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  For bonus points, post that number here and I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :+1:

Thanks very much! :chuffed:

• Thanks @bundtkate. Bonus points reference number: #ZQX-24387-655.

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

Thanks, @hbg! I've found your e-mail and hereby award you 10 bonus points for the support ID. At the moment, all bonus points give you is a sense of pride and accomplishment, but according to EA this is super important, so I'm sure you're thrilled. :wink: I'll take a peek as soon as I'm done here in the forum and get back to you via e-mail with findings. :chuffed:

ref: ZQX-24387-655

12346»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file