No network connection to 1Password currently available [Known issue with Proton and Nord VPN]

Options
2»

Comments

• TobiasAT
    TobiasAT
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg , I want to mention since some days I have the issue again with ProtonVPN.

• MikeT
    Options

At this point, we'll have to wait for the 1Password 7.2 update to be released, our testings shows it is working perfectly with our changes for Proton VPN. Hopefully, it will not be a long wait.

• bendik
    bendik
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I am currently using IVPN 2.7.9 on Windows 10. I am experiencing issues with the Windows desktop application as well. Chrome extension (1PasswordX) and iOS app works just fine (note: all devices connected to IVPN).

With the VPN connected, the desktop application reports that there's no connection to 1Password. Disabling the VPN instantly resolves the issue. I am connecting with protocol UDP. The firewall does not make a difference being active or not. IVPN utilizes custom DNS servers.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bendik,

Thank you for chipping in! :+1:

As Mike noticed above, we've made some changes in 1Password, so please stay tuned for 1Password 7.2. Hopefully, the fix will work with IVPN as well. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @bendik,

We haven't tested iVPN at all, would you be willing to help us by beta test a private build to see if it works with iVPN too? If yes, please email us at support+windows@1Password.com with a link to this thread and your forum username included.

• bendik
    bendik
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg and @MikeT.

I would be glad to beta test for VPN compatibility, I will send you an e-mail shortly!

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks!

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue but with AirVPN. Strangely enough just with my Windows 10 machine and not with 1Password running on windows 7. I guess I'll just wait for version 7.2 too or do you want me to send you a diagnostic report also?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @JohnnyFJohnsson,

Thanks for reporting that. For now, hold off until 7.2 beta 1 comes out first. We had more confirmations that 7.2 did resolve some of these VPN incompatibilities.

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT will do

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @JohnnyFJohnsson,

We've just released 7.2.572 (Beta 1), can you give a try and let us know if it helps? Here's how to enable the beta update: https://support.1password.com/betas/

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I think version 7.2.572 still syncs even sitting behind AirVPN. Thanks Mike.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! We've got more improvements coming in future versions hopefully. Thanks for participating in the beta! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.