Can't Reinstall Firefox Extension

Hello,

When I upgraded to FF 7 for Windows yesterday, it said the the 1PW extension was not compatible. I uninstalled it, and after further research on your forums, it seems as if it should work (?)

However, when I open the desktop client, the option to install for Firefox is grayed out, as shown the attached screenshot. Please help.

Thanks.

Comments

• lhagan
    lhagan
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    Same here. The blog post is pretty clear that this should work.

Edit: I forgot to update 1password. Installing the latest version allowed me to reinstall the Firefox extension.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    Welcome to the forum, rs1!

I believe the blog post mentioned by lhagan is talking about 1Password for Mac, which added Firefox 7 support a little sooner than 1Password for Windows did.

That said, 1Password for Windows is now compatible with Firefox 7, too. You just need to download the latest update (which was released about 24 hours after Firefox 7 moved out of beta testing).
  • rs1
    rs1
    Community Member
    I had tried uninstalling and re-downloading client but guess it was not the latest version. Upgrading to the latest version of 1PW Desktop directly from the client did the trick! I can go back to using FF again!

Thanks!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's great news! Thanks for updating the thread.
This discussion has been closed.