1Password 7 license

Options
Pauljac
Pauljac
Community Member

Just setting up a new mac and was installing 1Password that I purchased from Agilebit directly along with a license key in 2015... after installing 1Password (via download link in the original email) i find its installed 1Password 7. and converted my password database I believe.
Q1. Will my original (stand alone) license work with 7 (or is that only a subscription model)
Q2. if Q1 is Yes - how do i do it. If No - were can I get 1Password6 and get my database back so it works on this new and my other Mac.

ps. 1password7 brings up an "Add Licence" dialogue but when I point it to the licence file its greyed out (invalid)

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 and above
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Will my original (stand alone) license work with 7 (or is that only a subscription model)

No - 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. However, you don't have to go the subscription route: standalone licences are still available. From this AgileBits' blog post:

Those of you with a standalone license for version 6 will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have.

As you've already installed 1Password 7 I'm assuming you may have missed the link to buy a licence (somewhat irritatingly, it's not particularly obvious). However, you should still be able to find a menu item (1Password 7 menu in 1Password 7) that allows you to buy a licence.

If you don't want to do that it should be fairly easy to revert to 1Password 6 because when you installed 1Password 7 it should have created for you a zipped copy of your 1Password 6 installation in your Applications folder. If you want to revert to 1Password 6 just make sure that first you fully quit 1Password 7 by pressing control + option + command + Q.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pauljac - sorry for the delay in our response. @Stephen_C covered the options quite well overall: you're welcome to join us on 1password.com with a membership -- the best way for the vast majority of our users to use 1Password, or you can purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 directly from within the app itself. Did you get squared away, or do you still need assistance?

• davinderm
    davinderm
    Community Member
    Options

If I purchase 1Password 7 (standalone license) for Mac and another for Windows 10, will I be able to sync between the two? I currently use iCloud for Syncing on the Mac. I have yet to use a Windows version of 1Password but it's something I'd like to do.

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @davinderm!

If I purchase 1Password 7 (standalone license) for Mac and another for Windows 10, will I be able to sync between the two? I currently use iCloud for Syncing on the Mac.

You sure can! However, iCloud syncing is restricted to Apple devices (Mac and iOS), which can take advantage of the CloudKit-based technology we use for sync in iCloud. If you're planning to use standalone 1Password 7 cross-platform (adding a PC to the mix), then you'll want to use Dropbox sync instead.

This discussion has been closed.