agilebits.com certificate expired June 2, 2018 at 7:59:59

FishingAddict
FishingAddict
Community Member

I am getting a certificate expired error in all of my browsers, computers, and iOS devices. Did you all let a certificate expire or is it just me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jodyterrill
    jodyterrill
    Community Member

Same. Blocked from trying to recover a license via https://agilebits.com/licenses/resend. Hope they update their certificate soon.

From chrome...
    agilebits.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to agilebits.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be agilebits.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit agilebits.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

• FishingAddict
    FishingAddict
    Community Member

Thanks for the confirmation. Sounds like someone dropped the ball and didn't set a reminder on their calendar that said: "Renew the highly critical agilebits.com EV certificate so that our website remains accessible in modern browsers". At least this is easier to fix than when a major corporation forgets to renew a domain name. It's just not a great confidence booster considering they are pushing their cloud services over local vaults. I am assuming that this messup is not having an effect on the functioning of their cloud services or the web would be buzzing with the issue.

• Hi folks.

That link is redirecting to 1Password.com for me (which is what should happen). We’ve officially started using “1Password” as our business name, instead of “AgileBits” and as part of that we’ve begun minimizing our use of the agilebits.com domain (this forum is one of the few bits we’ve got left to switch over). Legitimate agilebits.com addresses, such as this forum (discussions.agilebits.com) appear just fine for me... no certificate warning. As far as I’m aware we no longer have an automated system for resending license information. Please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com for assistance with that.

Did you get a certificate warning when trying to access the forum?

Ben

• RandomMarius
    RandomMarius
    Community Member

I got redirected to the agilebits.com site as part of my reinstallation...

• jodyterrill
    jodyterrill
    Community Member

I was not originally redirected in the case I posted (https://agilebits.com/licenses/resend). Working today with refreshed certificate. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear the redirect is working for you now too. Maybe just something cached. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.