memory usage

Options
mkevin
mkevin
Community Member

i am finding 1Password 7 to be using extensive CPU time, even when quit, with Extension Helper right below at the top of Activity monitor. Have had to force quit a couple times to get some work done. Anyone else seeing this? solution? thanks. [forgot version #s]

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.3 (70003001) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: osx 10.13.4
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:memory

Comments

• mesokris
    mesokris
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem on MS Surface 4 Pro with Win 10, CPU Usage nearly permanent 50 %
    Whats wrong? I use 1PW 7 with firefox

• mesokris
    mesokris
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry i have a problem with windows, not mac

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @mkevin! To get a better idea of what the issue is, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Jacob
    Options

@mesokris I'm going to reply to your email that you sent us to get things moving.

ref: XQV-25153-166

• mesokris
    mesokris
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent you the diagnostic report

• Jacob
    Options

:+1: :)

• hachi8833
    hachi8833
    Community Member
    Options

I got a similar problem: extreme memory usages by 1Password7 (7.1.1) on macOS 10.13.6:

hachi8833          533   0.0  0.5 558806116  87284   ??  S    10:42AM   0:03.00 /Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 7 -psn_0_204850
    hachi8833          421   0.0  0.2 558592676  31300   ??  S    10:42AM   0:00.39 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper
    hachi8833         1003   0.0  0.0  4263332    296 s000  S+   10:46AM   0:00.00 rg assword
    hachi8833          959   0.0  0.2 558575856  25416   ??  S    10:43AM   0:00.10 /Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password Extension Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordNativeMessageHost /Users/hachi8833/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts/2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json onepassword4@agilebits.com

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hachi8833 -- sorry for the trouble. Do you have Fast User Switching enabled, and 1Password (or just the mini) open in more than one of those profiles?

• aran_reisman
    aran_reisman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. Very heavy usage of virtual memory...
    Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
    Aran

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @aran_reisman! Do you have Fast User Switching enabled, and one or more additional user accounts on your Mac running with 1Password and/or Safari working in them?

• aran_reisman
    aran_reisman
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think so... How do I check that?
    I have my user set up on two different Macs.

Thanks,
    Aran

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's in System Preferences:

• PaulDunham
    PaulDunham
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing a similar issue. I have checked and I do not have fast user switching enabled.

PID PPID USER VIRT RES CPU% MEM% TIME+ Command
    39018 1 xxxxxxx 532G 34588 0.0 0.2 0:00.20 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PaulDunham, I think it is safe to say that consuming 532G of virtual memory is not exactly expected behavior. So please do send in a trouble shooting report.

Here's the blurb for doing so:

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.