Item not being filled in at login. OK before v7.

Options

Hi, I have a website that requires three items entered at login. Prior to the latest release of 1P it was working fine. Just tried it today and it is leaving the middle item blank. Username and password ok filled ok but not the middle item. Looking at the form it appears to be there, it's just not being passed through.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.0.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @GotheToffees,

The filling logic hasn't changed at all so any item that filled in 1Password 6 should fill in 1Password 7. Can you try manually saving a new Login item please and see if you find that restores filling of all three fields. We detail how on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser if you're unsure at all.

If the new item doesn't fill can you let us know the URL for the website please.

• GotheToffees
    GotheToffees
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I seem to have solved it through the manual save process. Not clear why it should have happened in the first place though. I also noticed that when doing a new save via the manual process i.e. I'd entered all three items with the correct data, when I went to look at what had been saved in 1Password it had changed some of the values entered. So while I got it to work in the end, it was in no way straight forward. For your reference the URL for the website is https://ibanking.banksa.com.au/ibank/loginPage.action. Cheers

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

Greetings @GotheToffees,

So the site is applying a transformation to the security number where one of the parameters to that transformation changes each time. That means you type something like 123456 but the content will be something different each time. I'd have to ask one of my intellectual superiors if there is any real value to this as it smacks of security theatre to me but I could be wrong. As when you save 1Password can only see the transformed number and not what you really typed this is what gets saved.

Now thankfully in this case after you correct the Login item the site does react as we need it to when 1Password fills and it transforms the real value. We haven't always been so lucky with this kind of approach.

If it's any consolation financial institutes and utilities tend to come up with the weirdest designs that I see so the fact that you could get a working Login item for your bank means others should see easy in comparison. If you do come across any other tricky sites please let us know.

• GotheToffees
    GotheToffees
    Community Member
    Options

Will do. Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

This discussion has been closed.