Safari extension can't find 1password

Options

I'm using 1password 6 for mac, but safari extension want 1password7.
The following error I get when click on extension button: There is no application set to open the URL onepassword7-extension://activate/83224..

How could I setup extension for 1password 6?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @aoleynik,

I can only assume that you were testing one of the 1Password 7 betas and that it is still present somewhere accessible to macOS. Due to the combination of things like launchd and something else Safari uses for SAE, if 1Password 7 is anywhere that macOS has indexed it will override any attempts at using the normal Safari extension that both 1Password 6 and the stable version of 1Password 7 use. If you delete the 1Password 7 application bundle and then restart Safari you will be able to install our standard extension from 1Password Safari Extension from Apple's Safari Extension Gallery and you should find that works.

If you're still having trouble and that doesn't explain things can you create a diagnostic report for me please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you post the ticket ID here it will allow us to locate it and see what we discover.

• aoleynik
    aoleynik
    Community Member
    Options

I've removed 1Password 7 but without success.
    Sent diagnostics report.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aoleynik,

Can you post the ticket ID here please, I can't find a diagnostic report based on the email you're using here in our forums so I'm guessing it was sent with a different email address.

• aoleynik
    aoleynik
    Community Member
    Options

QMN-32662-456

• rswc90
    rswc90
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables Thanks for the 1Password Safari extension link. It works for me -- but it sure looks strange - not like the previous 6 I overwrote with 7 (and then deleted).

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @rswc90,

If you're seeing a menu that looks different to the one you were used to something doesn't seem right. I'm thinking there's still a copy of 1Password 7 running around. What do you find if you look for 1Password in Spotlight?

• rswc90
    rswc90
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. That was it. Right after I posted, I thought something was amiss. I went back and deleted 1pw 7. I felt silly not realizing that I would have to pay for the new 7. Usually Dave Teare is clearer than this whole debacle releasing the new one. Thanks for the follow up. My stand alone family 6 works great

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So I have seen some confusion but we haven't tried to deliberately fool people. When we first launched 1Password 7 it required a separate download rather than being offered by the automatic updater in 1Password 6. The only people for whom 1Password 7 would have been offered as an update so far are those with active 1Password accounts as they don't need to pay (it's part of the subscription costs). Dave's blog post mentions it's a paid update and if I follow the links from our homepage I'm led to a page that says it is a paid update.

I don't want people thinking we're trying to fool them so if we're doing a bad job of communicating it we do need to know.

This discussion has been closed.