Is it possible to have an item available in two vaults without duplicating?

Options
SuperRey
SuperRey
Community Member

I plan to share vaults to different users, but some vaults can share some items (mainly logins). As these items that should belong to several vaults can be quite numerous, is it possible to make them appear in several vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @SuperRey: Do you have a family or team account for 1Password.com? With our family/team accounts you will be able to share items between accounts with a "Shared" vault.

You can find more detailed information on our family and team offerings here:
    1Password Families
    1Password Teams

If you want to share items without a family or team account you will have to duplicate those items to all the accounts manually.

• @SuperRey: I'm sorry, I think I misunderstood your situation.

You need items to be added to multiple shared vaults for different sets of team members without having to duplicate them to every shared vault.

Unfortunately there is no way, currently, to add an item to multiple vaults at once. This is something that we'd really like to be able to do. We have a few ideas for how to do it, but so far they aren't quite right. We will take your feedback into account, thank you.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Bjdavis22
    Bjdavis22
    Community Member
    Options

This is the third place I have seen this...any chance this is on a feature roadmap already?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bjdavis22: Using separate vaults for sharing with people ensures that no one can access the data who is not supposed to, because each vault has unique encryption keys. Please see my reply here (in response to you saying essentially the same thing) for more details. And in the future, please keep in mind that it's easier to carry on a conversation in a single place as opposed to many, not just for you and me, but for anyone else who wants to participate.

This discussion has been closed.