Suddenly my 1 Password Chrome extension is read-only. The desktop app works fine. Help!

Options

The title says it all.

1Password Version: 4,6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Suddenly my 1 Password Chrome extension is read-only. The desktop app works fine. Help!

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hnbock,

Thank you getting in touch! Sorry for the troubles.

Do you happen to have other versions of 1Password installed on your PC, except for 1Password 4? If you do, please try to completely uninstall 1Password 6 or 1Password 7 and check if 1Password extension connects to 1Password 4 after that.

Additionally, please make sure that your copy of 1Password 4 for Windows is activated with your license (Help > Enter License Key).

Let me know what you find. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• hnbock
    hnbock
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the problem was that somehow version 7 got installed. Removing it and reinstalling version 4 solved the problem. Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @hnbock,

That's great to hear and on behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

We don't install 1Password 6/7 out of nowhere, you may have tried 1Password 6 in the past and switched to 1Password 4 without uninstalling them first. It is possible to have both 1Password 4 and 6 installed and only have one extension connected to 1Password 4.

However, starting with 1Password 7 (you may have automatic update enabled in 1Password 6), only it can use 1Password extensions, 1Password 4 can't co-exist with 1Password 7.

This discussion has been closed.