Feature Request: 1Password 7 Windows - Double click on System tray icon should open the "large" App

Options

Hi guys, have a small feature request: a double click on System tray icon of 1Password shoud open the 1Password App.

Proposal: 1 click - Mini (as of now). Double click: Open Large App.
Right now I would need to do that via right click context menu. Double click "gesture" is not used yet.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@telephoneman: I'd love that too, but it's not something that's possible at this time. Sorry. :blush:

• gamma6
    gamma6
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty May I ask why? It doesn't seem like a particularly complicated thing to implement.

• @gamma6 currently single click used to open 1Password Mini, double click is recognized as sequence of two single clicks. We keep this on our radar, there are other ways to detect mouse there. We also need to do a better job at explaining what is available, I just realized that there is no shortcut in that menu to let you know that Ctrl+click opens main app.

• darrenmcentee
    darrenmcentee
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile "Ctrl+click opens main app" ... ahhh, finally, such a small feature, but glorious :-D
    Thank you.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @darrenmcentee,

On behalf of Serg, you're welcome. We've actually added that a long time ago, it's just not well known enough.

• buri
    buri
    Community Member
    Options

Is there also hidden shortcut for password generator?

• MikeT
    Options

There is none at the moment. You can arrow down from the sidebar to get to it but we do want to make it much easier to generate passwords quickly from the keyboard only.

• Elevory
    Elevory
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Any chance we could get a setting for default left click behavior of the system tray icon? I'm glad to hear about ctrl+click, but ideally I'd have the full interface open on regular click, since my other programs function this way.

Plus, as a longtime user of 1Password 4, this will be a tough habit to break... :)

• @Elevory: Your request has been duly noted. :chuffed: Changing habits is definitely hard. I still Ctrl + \ when on a public computer expecting it to do something, so I feel you. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.