Feature request: linking to items in a vault from external

pobk
pobk
Community Member

Hi,

Not entirely sure if this is a feature already or not... If it is, how can I do it... if not... Can it be done?

I frequently have to direct my colleagues to items in a vault. Often this is over IM or some other medium... They have access to the passwords in the vault itself... but sometimes, it's useful to be able to share a direct link.

Furthermore, it would be useful if we could use such links from external resources. E.g. we use confluence heavily in our organisation and it would be useful to be able to construct a link to a tag, folder or even specific items.

Is this currently a feature? If so, how to I get the URL to copy/paste... If not... Can it be?

~ Rich

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @pobk,

When using the webapp this is possible. Go to the vault in question, select the item, then you can copy/paste the URL field in your browser into an email to coworkers and it will contain what they need (vault and item identifiers) to open that URL and find that item automatically.

I hope that helps.

Rick

• pobk
    pobk
    Community Member

Hi @rickfillion,

That does help a little... However, in the wider scheme of things, would it be possible to add that as a feature to the "share" menu?

~ Rich

• @pobk : I agree that it'd be very nice to have the ability to get the URL from any of our apps and not just the webapp.

Rick

• Bjdavis22
    Bjdavis22
    Community Member

I would really like permalinks for this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's certainly a neat idea. Maybe we can incorporate that into future versions. :)

This discussion has been closed.