**bold** not working on one of three login item note entries

Options
fourwheelcycle
fourwheelcycle
Community Member

I just upgraded to 1P 7 for Mac. I used the bold edit for notes on three separate login items. Two of the item notes changed to bold, but the third one remained un-bolded, with two asterisks at the beginning and the end.

Did I do something wrong? If not, how can I get bold to work consistently?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@fourwheelcycle That is certainly strange. The markdown renderer should work consistently. Would it be possible for you to provide some sort of screenshot? Of course, be sure to censor out any potentially private information.

• fourwheelcycle
    fourwheelcycle
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I found the problem. My note entry is composed of two short sentences, separated by a blank line space. The second sentence is confidential, so I edited it out before taking a screenshot. It turns out the blank line space was the problem.

If you want to make a note with one or more blank line spaces bold you need to put two asterisks at the beginning, two more asterisks before and after each blank line space, and a final set of asterisks at the end of the note. Putting asterisks only at the beginning and the end of the note will not make it bold.

A paragraph break within a note is not a problem, but a full blank line space kills the effect of asterisks at the beginning and the end of the note.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@fourwheelcycle

Hmm, I'm trying to recreate what you are saying and can't. Could you try recreating the situation with a new note, this time with garbage data so as to not worry about the security concerns, and make an example of both it working and not working?

• fourwheelcycle
    fourwheelcycle
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

The first section is a screen shot of my comment before I posted it - just like a 1P 7 Note before you Save it. The second section is my "real" comment, after posting it, at which time the formatting takes effect.

Corey_C,

This forum's formatting works the same way as the 1P 7 Notes formatting. Look at these examples:

Regular one line bold. Typed non-bold with asterisks at both ends.

**Two line no-bold.

With a line space and asterisks at the beginning and the end.**

Two line bold.

With a line space and lots of asterisks

Two line bold.
    With a paragraph break but no line space.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fourwheelcycle -- this is expected Markdown formatting. Try it in any Markdown editor you happen to have handy - Bear, Light Paper, even a text editor, you'll get the same result. This isn't a bug in 1Password's Markdown implementation. If you want bolded text to occur across a block of text that includes separation by an empty (blank) line, you'll need to format each instance of it with double-asterisks, not just a pair at the beginning of the text and one at the end.

This discussion has been closed.