[observation] Accessing Sub-Menu Feels Less Optimal, Possibly

Options
ossiejhmoore
ossiejhmoore
Community Member

I use 1Password to generate random strings of characters as answers to security questions. Previously, when presented with one of these questions, I would click on the 1Password icon (in either browser or menu bar) then hover over the items icon to reveal the questions then hover over the question. In 1Password 7 , (a) you have too click, not hover and (b) the sub-menu scroll into view instead of expanding into view. Perhaps it is just me being picky and in a month, I might prefer this, but just wanted to provide feedback that I miss the hover/expand -vs- the click-n-scroll-into-view approach.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ossiejhmoore - thanks for the observations, and for taking the time to share them with us! Truth be told, we've got a customer base large enough at this point that ANY decision we make is going to delight some subset of it, and annoy another subset. We've always tried to strike a balance between what we can discern most of our customers want, what WE think is the best idea, security concerns and a few other factors. In this case, it's definitely a matter of use-case and preference, so I'll pass along your thoughts, but I can't give you any idea of whether we'll be making changes to this new behavior.

This discussion has been closed.