[bug?] Browser extension will not fill the IKEA Kitchen Planner login

Options

Site: https://kitchenplanner.ikea.com/ie/UI/Pages/VPUI.htm?ignoreDeviceDetection=true

You do not need an IKEA account to test this.

I have an entry in 1P that matches the domain of that tool. It shows up in the 1P extension icon in Firefox.

Repro:
Load that site.
Click login at top right, should get a user/pass form that has an option to register too.
Verify that the extension has a login listed.
Press Ctrl-\ to fill the form, and nothing happens.
Right-click the item in 1P, choose fill username into form, works.
Right-click the item in 1P, choose to copy the username, paste it in to the form, doesn't work (and this is purely on IKEA's JS handlers, not 1P I guess, but maybe it's a symptom).
Right-click the item in 1P, choose to fill the password into the form, works.

1Password Version: 7.0.588
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10 - 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bajandude,

I'm not sure what is going on but filling for me works. Just to act as a comparison, can you save a new Login item for that page using the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser and see if you find the keyboard shortcut to fill the open form still fails for you. Those are the steps I used to create the Login item that works for me so I'm interested to learn if you observe something different.

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, that works. So, what's different... the web form was saved from the registration page by the looks, and while the password field has the same name, the login field doesn't. Yet 1P wasn't even filling in the password.

Chalk this up to weirdness. Would it be at all helpful if I changed the password in the broken entry and exported it to you?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bajandude,

Depending on the page it is possible an item saved on a registration form struggles to fill the sign-in form but I went back and created a second test item to mimic this. That too filled everything correctly on the sign-in form. Maybe the form that you filled when the Login item was saved doesn't exist any more due to a redesign and we're unable to reproduce the setup closely enough to recreate the bad filling. That's just a guess of course. Given I can save on both the registration and sign-in form and have it fill correctly the behaviour in 1Password at the moment seems to be correct for this site at least.

Your request is a kind one but the password history is also exported and so you would need to edit the exported item to remove all trace of any personally identifiable information. Given the possibility for missing something I don't feel what we might gain is worth the risk, not given what 1Password is used for. I would rather part of it remains unexplained than have to urge you to promptly change your password because something was accidentally leaked.

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

Ack. I'll just delete my broken entry then, and keep on with the rebuilt one :) Thank you.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you come across any other tricky sites do let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.