No Login Assistance on Site Built on Popular Forum Platform

djMot
djMot
Community Member

I'm a game admin at Xtream Idiots - https://www.xtremeidiots.com/

I don't visit the site often on my Samsung Note8, but today I did in Chrome for Android. Not surprisingly, I was not logged in. Finding my way to the login page, 1Password offered no assistance whatsoever. So I went back to home and launched the 1Password app, authenticated, then returned to the website. Still nothing. Does 1Password even offer to fill login information in Chrome on Android? If it does, what am I missing?

Sorry, but as you can tell, I'm recent to 1Password having just defected from another password manager, so maybe I just don't get how this works or its limitations.

1Password Version: Android (latest, non-beta)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Oreo 8.0.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello again @djMot!

I'm happy to help you with navigating through getting started with 1Password. Chrome doesn't yet support the Autofill framework, so you'll need to enable the 1Password Accessibility service in order to using filling with it. You can navigate to the Accessibility settings from 1Password by tapping on Settings > Filling > Accessibility. Once you've enabled that, you should see an "Autofill with 1Password" prompt show up in Chrome whenever filling is available.

• djMot
    djMot
    Community Member

Hi mverde,

I guess I assumed all background services had been enabled, so I didn't go looking for that (as buried as it is deep in the settings). Usually, I pay attention and attend to the prompts to take care of any such business a freshly installed app throws at me. And I realize after maybe Nougat(?) apps could only steer you in the right direction and not make Android settings changes directly. Hence my extra diligence in that regard. Not discounting that I may have missed it, but did 1Password ask?

• Thanks for the feedback, @djMot! I'll share this with the team. Glad you were able to get it sorted! For future reference, you can find all sorts of tips and tricks in our knowledgebase: https://support.1password.com/

This discussion has been closed.